The Kaneland Arts Initiative
Kaneland Arts Initiative annually produces the following events:
- The Annual Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival – Held annually in April, the Kaneland Community Fine Arts Festival is our founding event. It showcases the work of professional and student artwork in a 6 hour artist in residency celebration of the Arts.
- Theatrical Productions – Two theatrical professional-quality productions are produced by the Kaneland Arts Initiative. The winter staged reading is held annually in January and presents thought-provoking plays with a small cast that include a talk back session. The summer musical is held annually in July and presents large scale productions with a talented cast, a live orchestra and a professional set.
- Arts Programming – Various Arts programming is offered to the community and students of the Kaneland School District throughout the year.
- Performances Series – Kaneland Arts Initiative brings professional artists to the Kaneland Auditorium stage from folk singers to comedians and dance groups.
We are thrilled that you chose to attend a performance presented by the Kaneland Arts Initiative in the Kaneland High School Auditorium. Please make sure you are familiar with our auditorium etiquette.
- No food or drink is allowed in the auditorium. Please consume all food or drink in the designated food area.
- Please turn off all electronic devises that may produce sounds or emit light in order to keep from disrupting the performance.
- Out of respect for the performers and the audience, please remain in the auditorium for the entire length of the performance. Anyone arriving after a performance begins will be asked to remain outside of the auditorium until there is a break in the performance. When a break in the performance occurs, the ushers will open the door to allow late attendees to enter.
- There is no age restriction for children; however, as a courtesy to other patrons and the performers, the parent or guardian is required to sit with their young children and to supervise children at all times. Patrons who disturb the performance or other patrons will be asked to leave the auditorium.
- The use of cameras and or video/audio taping equipment is strictly prohibited within the auditorium.
- The exit indicated by a lighted sign nearest to your seat is the shortest route out of the theatre. In the event of an evacuation, walk to the nearest EXIT.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Parking at the Kaneland Auditorium is free. Handicap parking is available in front of the auditorium.
- Refreshments may be available to purchase at a KAI event, however no food or drink is allowed in the auditorium.
- Please do not touch any artwork. The artwork is to be admired by the eyes only.
- The auditorium is accessible to all patrons and fully complies with A.D.A. requirements. If you need assistance or accommodations, please ask a volunteer.
- For your convenience, diaper changing stations are available in both restrooms in the auditorium lobby.
- Smoking is prohibited on school property.
- Lost and Found: Found articles should be left with the KAI volunteers in the Box Office. You may also call the High School office during regular business hours at 1-630-365-5100. Items lost or presumed stolen are not the responsibility of the Kaneland Arts Initiative or the Kaneland Community Unit School District No. 302.